Flower Flyer Rebuild

The Flower Flyer started as a re-build.  My wife had found a rusted coaster wagon in someone’s trash and dragged it home.  I built a body for it and painted it green.  Phillip made a stencil and painted Flower Flyer on the sides.  It was a pretty thing.

But the outdoor storage was hard on it and it developed dry rot.  Time for a new body.  I was sure that I had a picture of it but cannot find it.  After I took it apart, I took a picture of the body as it was.

Flower Flyer body
Flower Flyer body

Using a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood and higher 1×6 pine sides, I built the new body.  This time I put scuppers in it so the body would drain better.  I used brass screws to reduce the rust and the start of rot.  I also treated all of the parts with linseed oil and pine tar before assembly.  Here is the new Flower Flyer.

Rebuilt Flower Flyer
Rebuilt Flower Flyer
Scupper Detail on each corner
Scupper Detail on each corner

Leave a Reply